On Wednesday 28 April Professor Rajabifard presented at the webinar panel event Building climate resilient infrastructure. The webinar addressed the question ’How is climate change affecting how we design, plan, build and manage resilient infrastructure?‘, with the key takeaways:
- What is climate resilient infrastructure?
- Challenges to sustainable infrastructure and design
- The circular economy
- Sustainability of infrastructure
- Digitisation as a vehicle for resilience
- The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- Autonomous vehicles and use of public space
- Infrastructure considerations and fit-for-purpose context in developing nations
The event was part of the Infrastructure Thought Leaders series in partnership with Engineers Australia, and hosted by the University of Melbourne’s Infrastructure Platform.